Oceanic Pro Plus 3 Help requested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HKGuns

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
There isn't an obvious place to put this so I will put it in basic.

Brand new Pro Plus 3 and can't get it to connect to my computer via the USB interface. Is there a tip or a trick to getting it to communicate properly?

I keep getting a timeout error after the connectivity application starts the handshake.

Any assistance appreciated. I am very computer literate so it shouldn't be basic stuff at fault.

Curious if anyone else has done this successfully. The software is kind of confusing, so I may be doing something incorrectly.

What kind of computer and which operating system does it have?

What kind of computer and which operating system does it have?

Windows 10 operating system on an Alien-ware Aurora.

Hi @HKGuns

I have used OceanLog for 9 years, several versions, some quirky, some voodoo

Do you plug in your PP3 and download cable prior to attempting the download and it says USB interface found? You then click download and get the timeout message after handshake?

If so, try this. Do not plug in your PP3 and cable. Click on download from your computer. If you get a troubleshooting message, close it. The download instructions will then be shown with USB interface not found. Plug in your PP3 and cable and click on the magnifying glass, should now show USB interface found. Click on download dives and, hopefully, will download.

Currently, this works for me every time. Best of luck to you

Edit: I am running OceanLog 2.4.9 from 6/12/15. I download a VT3 to a PC running Windows 7 Pro

That is exactly what happens. I will try what you suggest. I suspected there may be voodoo involved.

Thanks very much for your suggestion. I will also check the version levels.

Does the interface show in your Device Manager? The problem is often the driver....and the sequencing as ScubaDada points out.

Thanks everyone. Lot of things to look at which is perfect. I have some follow-up to do and will let you know what I find hoping this may help someone else down the road.

Is the computer and the cable connection dry? My Oceanic won't talk to the computer until I blow it dry with canned air, but it took me a while to figure it because there was no indication of what the issue was, it was the worst thing in the world: "intermittent."

Is the computer and the cable connection dry? My Oceanic won't talk to the computer until I blow it dry with canned air, but it took me a while to figure it because there was no indication of what the issue was, it was the worst thing in the world: "intermittent."
When my computer is wet, it flashes "wet" on the main screen, a VT3 from 2010. I do not download until the message is not displayed.

Back
Top Bottom