Oceanic Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

walknazty

Registered
Reaction score
I have an Oceanic PP2 w/ QD that is barely 1.5years old and only has 13 dives on it and this thing appears to have gone haywire. I used on Sunday and it worked fine. Then last night I was organizing my dive gear and the computer display is showing jibberish. None of the functions are working properly. Even if they were, I wouldn't be able to tell because the display isn't working.

I replaced the batteries and nothing has changed. I am just really bummed that something that has less than 20 dives on is already in need of service.

Has anyone else had this problem with the PP2 w/ QD??

Yes, I bought a new one from leisure prol last summer and after just a few dives it did the same as yours.I sent it back and they sent me a new one.Last sat during my last dive it went haywire. I got home and took the battery out and put it back in and it started working again.I only have a few dives on it. I guess I will start taking a back-up as I don't trust this anymore

I've got 75+ dives on mine, only had one issue.

The only issue I ever thought it had was the internal clock reset itself, but then I realized the problem was the download cable. The pins bent and some how it flipped its wig. Replaced the cable, all problems solved.

Battery still shows full 18 mos old.

There have been a number of issues over the last few years with Oceanic computers and batteries.

If you change your battery because the PDC is acting goofy, remember that if your spare battery came with the PDC, it's from the same batch. So don't be surprised when the new battery gives you the same results.

If you can find them, replace your batteries with Sony or Panasonic CR batteries. They seem to work best. PDCs have high spikes in their power needs. Not all batteries hold up well.

I have the battery changed in my PP2 every year when it goes in for annual service. I've never had any problems with my PP2. It's rock solid. It's also pretty popular with the tech diving crowd. I dove the U-352 last year with a bunch of folks, all of them in doubles, etc. Nearly every one of them was using a PP2.

Can you please post the findings when you get them. I just ordered 2 PPC/wQDC for myself and my daughter and I would like to keep up with any potential issues. I have heard good things about them in general

I am waiting to recieve my serviced PP2 back from Oceanic. I have heard nothing but great things about their customer service and, so far, they have been very helpful.

They recieved my PP2 on July 31st so I am waiting to see how long the turn around time will be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom