Oceanic Pioneer Limited Edition - THE MASK!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bvlgaro

New
Reaction score
Hi fellows,

thanks to Teo Tertel from Oceanic, I got the chance to test the new Oceanic Pioneer Limited Edition mask.
I received it yesterday and I felt like I was opening a Christmas present. The mask comes in a sleek low profile plastic black box which is very nice, but after seeing and trying this mask, I think it would be more appropriate to be in a mahogany wooden case, engraved and a with a lock :)
The design of the Pioneer is ... well it doesnt look like any other mask I have ever seen... it is awesome! Wide, soft, black skirt, with OCEANIC on the nose pocket, big eyes with super clear tempered lenses, metal frame that looks like it is coming from designer sunglasses, with little screws on it giving it this special "Hi-Tech" look.
It is so cool, that if it had dark lenses I would wear it instead of my Oakley's:14:
The mask has low profile, it is very easy to clean and have very smart and simple tightening mechanism.
I have tried a few black skirt masks a few weeks ago, because I want to get a new, really good mask. I found a store in Nashville that had in stock the Atomic Aquatics Frameless, Oceanic Shadow and a few other black skirt masks. I tried all of them and liked the Shadow the most, but unfortunately it didn't fit well on my face. Now I am happy it didn't, because I will get the Pioneer! After I tried it, I know that I simply have to have it, and I will never go back to clear skirt.
As soon as it gets released I will buy one of the Limited Edition Series of 1500 and protect it as my eyes. It will never be in checked-in luggage or stay uncleaned after a dive!
Once released this mask will definitely kill it's competitors in the high end dive masks market. It is worthed every penny and if you like having the best stuff, very soon you will have a Pioneer mask in your gear:D

I have to say something else too. I am on the market for a regulator as well, and I was debating between an Atomic Aquatics Z2, Aqualung LX ACD and the Oceanic Delta 4 FDX 10. They all have great reviews, and I unfortunately haven't tried any of them, but now I am sure that I will get the Delta 4. Testing this mask showed me once again that Oceanic's products are leading in design and quality, and the customer service is the best I have ever seen and heard of.
I am so impressed that if it was in my area of expertise, I would look for a job in Oceanic.

Thank you so much Teo and Oceanic!

Vladimir

Oceanic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom