Oceanic Omega 3: Any reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Is this reg "in the wild" yet? I see it advertised but it has not yet appeared in my LDS.

Anyone have one, any feedback or reviews?

Thanks

It looks like it's similar to Hollis' 500SE/DC7? Hollis have been known to collaborate with Oceanic/Aeris before...the Hollis has been out for a while, so I don't know if it might use Omega 2 parts or if it shares parts with the new Omega.

It looks like it's similar to Hollis' 500SE/DC7? Hollis have been known to collaborate with Oceanic/Aeris before...the Hollis has been out for a while, so I don't know if it might use Omega 2 parts or if it shares parts with the new Omega.

Hollis, Oceanic, and Aeris are all owned by the same company, American Underwater Products. Hollis is the "tech" line, Oceanic is the "main" line and Aeris is the "value" line. Although some new products are showing up as Aeris (like the Jet Pack) so maybe it is no longer considered the value line.

interesting

Same company but the regs look like they have design differences. I am looking to see if anyone has actually seen the Omega version. I have looked at the Hollis one.

Good post. Sounds like they want to compete with Poseidon (good regs BTW) for who can get the lesser market share.

Hollis, Oceanic, and Aeris are all owned by the same company, American Underwater Products. Hollis is the "tech" line, Oceanic is the "main" line and Aeris is the "value" line. Although some new products are showing up as Aeris (like the Jet Pack) so maybe it is no longer considered the value line.

Well, the Aeris brand is going to disappear in a few months. It will all be Oceanic.
AERIS : News - AERIS Merges With Oceanic

---------- Post added June 2nd, 2014 at 10:42 PM ----------

I just noticed rhuntley post above.

Good post. Sounds like they want to compete with Poseidon (good regs BTW) for who can get the lesser market share.

Aqualung also use a special hose on their ambidextrous second stages. however they since re-introduced the "classic" version which uses a standard hose.

---------- Post added June 3rd, 2014 at 01:43 AM ----------

Well, the Aeris brand is going to disappear in a few months. It will all be Oceanic.
AERIS : News - AERIS Merges With Oceanic I just noticed rhuntley post above.

I think "value" lines may be a loser for scuba manufacturers. With the internet it is hard to hide the fact that the only difference between some items is the price. Scubapro has been feeling around with their Subgear line for a few years. It seem every year they change their regulator offerings.

Back
Top Bottom