Oceanic OCS Gauge mode possible FW change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here is a screen capture of OCS gauge mode display from the offical manual. I wonder if it is possible to change the main gauge mode screen, so that where it says "GAUG" to display max depth and the to the right of "GAUG", display current temperature (like how it is in the ALT scree)?? I mean I know my computer is in gauge mode, I don't need to see "GAUG" occupying almost 1/4 of the real estate. And if the alternative screen can be the same except max depth change to avg depth, this will be a perfect gauge mode capable watch style computer. I know it is a long shot, but I wonder if this has been/could be considered by Oceanic.

Just my wishlist

ocs gauge mode.png

For some reasons, OCS and OC1 display run time (TMR) in seconds (hr:min:sec). In OCi, TMR is only hr:min only. Not sure why this decision tho. It is so hard to find a computer with good gauge mode.

Hallo
I went to Mauritius diving with my OCI computer.
When ascending on my first dive my computer did not indicate my safety stop as usal, it only showed gauge mode.
I could not get out of this mode, back to normal mode.

When back in South Africa my computer was back in normal mode, able to ser different saftey depths.

I am not a TEC diver yet, can we turn this gauge mode off,,

Greatings
Whitey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom