Oceanic GT3/CDX5 ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akbpilot

Contributor
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has any feedback on a GT3/CDX5 combo.

Easy breather? (Should be with the adjustable second, but you never know)

Dry breather?

Dependable?

I'm looking at this reg set, an Alpha8/PX3 DVT, and the Aqualung Titan, so if anyone has experience with either of the other two in comparison I'd be interested in hearing their veiws.

Thanks

Well...if no one more knowledgeable wants to comment...

I have the delta3, which is pretty similar to the GT3, with the cdx5. It's a nice reg, they don't get the attention that the higher end regs do, but they breath nicely and are reliable. I have had mine to 130 feet and water as cold as 36 degrees and been perfectly happy with the performance. I bought it used and have put another 100 dives on it since getting it and haven't had any issues aside from the octo being tuned a bit loose (easily fixed).

Although a buddy of mine dives an older px2 in cold water without a problem, it really isn't recommended and you are probably safer with a diaphram first stage like the cdx5 or the titan (seeing as you are in Alaska).

akbpilot:
Wondering if anyone has any feedback on a GT3/CDX5 combo.
I'll keep it short

Easy breather? (Should be with the adjustable second, but you never know) Yes

Dry breather? VERY

Dependable?DEFENATLY

I'm looking at this reg set, an Alpha8/PX3 DVT???, and the Aqualung Titan, so if anyone has experience with either of the other two in comparison I'd be interested in hearing their veiws.

Thanks

As for the Alpha8/PX3 DVT as far as I know there is no such thing.DVT comes with the new FDX10/Delta 4 and that is a top reg.

300bar diver:
As for the Alpha8/PX3 DVT as far as I know there is no such thing.DVT comes with the new FDX10/Delta 4 and that is a top reg.

The Alpha/PX3 does have DVT for 2007. Anyway, I have several people in our club that use that reg and they all seem quite pleased with it. I use the CDX5 with Omega II's for my deco bottles, in cold water and they work really nicely with no freeze ups or anything to be worried about. On top of that, I am fairly certain that Cerich said he uses those regs for both backgas and deco gas for tech diving. But don't quote me on that, my memory isn't exactly foolproof. All and all, a very solid reg, from an awesome company to deal with.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Sounds like the GT3/CDX5 will far exceed my needs (warm water rec level).

300bar diver:

This came up and was answered by Doug Krause of Oceanics in this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=171555 .

I was the victim of some misinformation from an LDS that either was ignorant of the lines they carry (possible) or were trying to steer me to a another more expensive line (most likely). Either way, and regardless of which reg I decide to go with (actually 2 complete reg sets) they have lost my business.

Oceanic GT3 CDX5 is an AWESOME piece of equipment. Breathes extremely dry, easy breathing effort, at depth and on surface. Had only like 20 over dives in it, but its workin like a dream all the time. g/l with ur selection!

nivla80:
Oceanic GT3 CDX5 is an AWESOME piece of equipment. Breathes extremely dry, easy breathing effort, at depth and on surface. Had only like 20 over dives in it, but its workin like a dream all the time. g/l with ur selection!

I can second that, my wife and I we both use them and like them very much, they are not heavy and you can choose you adjustment very easy. And price is a very reasonable. IMHO
milos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom