Oceanic Geo problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitepointer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have an issue with my Geo. today i received my interface so i went to the website and downloaded the program along with the usb drivers (from the site) and then restarted my pc. Once my pc rebooted i went to the Oceanlog2.x and tried to upload my dives, but it does nothing. when you click on the tab it just says (not responding) i have tried to reinstall the drivers and the program but still get the same results. What is the problem here. Oh i am running Windows Vista 64 bit. I hope someone has a solution-thanks

Whitepointer.

I have the Geo 2 and Oceanlog2.x installed and working on both Vista and Win 7 machines. Not a particularly smooth running piece of software but....

Assuming you have the 64 bit USB drivers installed, my only advice is to press the + add new dives button with the USB connection already plugged in to the computer, and make sure it acknowledges the USB before hooking it to the geo.

I have the Geo 2 and Oceanlog2.x installed and working on both Vista and Win 7 machines. Not a particularly smooth running piece of software but....

Assuming you have the 64 bit USB drivers installed, my only advice is to press the + add new dives button with the USB connection already plugged in to the computer, and make sure it acknowledges the USB before hooking it to the geo.
thanks for the info, but after tinkering with it for a while and saying a few choice words, i finally was able to get it up and running. I do have another question thought maybe you can help me with. After your dives have uploaded off the dive computer, is there a way you can convert the files, because i am not sure about yours, but mine save in a format called (BAT) and say if i wanted to upload mine dives into a program called Dive Log 5.0, it will not let me, just curious. Again thanks for the help.

thanks for the info, but after tinkering with it for a while and saying a few choice words, i finally was able to get it up and running. I do have another question thought maybe you can help me with. After your dives have uploaded off the dive computer, is there a way you can convert the files, because i am not sure about yours, but mine save in a format called (BAT) and say if i wanted to upload mine dives into a program called Dive Log 5.0, it will not let me, just curious. Again thanks for the help.

Sorry...can't really help too much.

My dive logs are saved with a .dlg extension (backups with a .bak). I downloaded the demo verion of Diving Log 5.0 and had no issues transferring the log.

You can export detailed dive information from Oceanlog. With a little work, you can probably import the dives into Dive Log.

can you please explain how to exactly export/import the date. when i tried to import from divelog 5.0 from Oceanlog, it just gave me a path to open but there was nothing to open. Sorry i am not very good with computer things.

Since you are running Vista 64 bit, Microsoft is playing a little game with your data. Oceanlog is installed in your Program Files (x86) folder. However, in order to protect you from yourself, Vista does not write the Oceanlog data to the program directory, but instead uses a virtual storage location. So, if you export your Oceanlog dives, they will be found in a directory called:

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Oceanix\Oceanlog 2.x\Export\(TXT of ZXU)\filename

Since I have complete faith in Oceanic's programming ability and am stupid, I allow Oceanlog to write to my program file folder, but have to allow this function each time I use the software (a little dialog box pops up and asks if I really want to do this and am I a complete moron).

Back
Top Bottom