Oceanic GEO dive computer not working completely right

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuts4corals

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I noticed on recent dives in Mexico my Oceanic GEO stopped reading "WET" when it was submerged in water and did NOT start the dive once past 5 feet depth as its supposed to. The during surface interval when the watch was dry with maybe some wrist sweat it registered WET... i thought it was a bad battery even though I replaced it prior to my trip with a new battery. so when this happened i purchased another battery to try and same thing happened...

Should i do a firmware update? its an the older and original GEO watch... OR is it time to throw this out and purchase a new computer...? Please advise!

clean the contacts with some light vinegar, soak in warm water, then stick in some rice or desiccant to dry it out.

Thank you I will try that... hoping I can get this thing working again.

so I called Oceanic today and they were reluctant to even do any troubleshooting on the watch. stating its 14 years old and discontinued. I had to push to get them to even look over one setting in the watch to be shur its set correctly. I have read about battery issues with the watch but here again they kept stating to upgrade? They were kind enough to offer a discount on a new geo2. However, I am reluctant to purchase the Geo2 based on my results with the Geo being discontinued shortly after i purchased it. also I heard that Oceanic is under new ownership. any advice?

I see the watch did log the dives just didn't go into dive mode automatically which its supposed to after 5 foot depth.

yup its not in guage mode and wet activation is on.

no... on the surface interval my wrist was sweaty and it read wet... then when I got in the water for my dive and began the dive under 5 feet it never showed dive mode. I did insure that it was on "NORM" mode and it did in fact record the dive. However during the dive I did not see the parameters at all.. all it showed was watch mode. time/date ect.

this was also with a brand new battery...

Back
Top Bottom