Oceanic GEO 4 & VEO 4 for Dive School Use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'd like to hear from members here who are using the GEO 4 or the VEO 4 concerning their impressions of two computers especially as related to reliability and readability. I am looking to add more dive computers to our training/rental fleet and I am considering one of these two models in addition to offerings from Scubapro (I am phasing out/retiring the few remaining working Suunto and Cressi computers we have).

One of the questions also is which is more suitable for use in a dive center, the GEO4 or VEO 4? The price difference isn't a huge factor here, I am more interested in hearing opinions on what would be more appropriate please.

(I am not interested in computers from Cressi, Suunto, Mares or Shearwater at all. Offerings from Taiwanese manufacturers are of no interest to us either).

I don’t have direct experience with either, but my daughter currently uses a Veo 2.0. Pretty much the same except no Bluetooth. For a school, I think the Veo might be a better option. Larger size, and can be put into a console, so less likely to disappear.

Double check on the manual to make sure it’s still true for the Veo 4.0. With my daughter’s Veo 2.0, I was able to clear the dive history. This was useful for me as I transferred from my older daughter to my younger daughter. This was not an option for my Oceanic VT4.1, but was for the Veo. I’d heard that was because the Veo was popular with dive ops as a rental, so they had that option,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom