Oceanic Geo 4.0 Blend Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PoloGreen94

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All,

Purchased my first computer last week. I've always rented in the past and decided to purchase my own after my last rental failed on me in the middle of a dive in the Cayman Islands.

I purchased an Oceanic Geo 4.0. I'm sure it will make more sense after I get it wet in the pool but I have a couple questions.

First, there are two slots where you can save your blends. You can have Air or a Nitrox mix obviously. The watch defaults to Mix 1 when beginning your dive. I'm assuming after you finish your first dive it will enter surface mode AND continue to use Mix 1 as the chosen blend for the day as I enter my 2nd dive? It's hard for me to know as I haven't dove with it yet.

Second, is there a way to cancel the second slot? As in, can you leave it blank? I cannot find a way to cancel it, it's almost as if you need to put a chosen blend in the second mix slot.

Any feedback would be helpful!

Hi @PoloGreen94

You're correct, a dive will always start with Gas 1. Gas 2 is only used for gas switches, i.e., accelerated deco. You can only switch to gas 2 during the dive, it can't be done on the surface. Gas 1 will default back to air if there is no dive in 24 hours, you must reset it. In the set F menu, page 28, you can designate only gas 1 and leave gas 2 blank. Gas switching is discussed on page 39. You set your pO2 alarm in the set alarm menu. Huish/Oceanic appears to have left out the set pO2 in the manual. It should have been on or around page 29. I assume you will find it in the set alarms menu after the listed 5 items.

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom