Oceanic Geo 2 troubleshooting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all

I have recently bought an Oceanic Geo2 and after deciphering the incomprehensible manual, have used it about ten times and have started to like the way the computer operates.

Unfortunately though I have been having problems with the computer going into dive mode while on the surface. It seems to happen about twice a day, and the dive mode seems to last between ten and fifty minutes, with the computer showing a depth of between 1.4 and 1.5 metres.

Just wondering whether anyone else has encountered a similar problem and found a resolution?

Cheers
j

Not normal - send it back. Mine has never done that. Although mine fails to go into dive mode underwater with "WET-ON", opposite problem I guess:)

I had this problem with a GEO 1.0 computer a few years ago. It was the altitude sensor. Oceanic fixed it. Actually, I am pretty sure they replaced it with a new computer.

Thanks for the advice, I emailed oceanic and they agree its most likely a problem with the depth sensor so have advised me to take it back to the reseller so it can be sent away for repair or replacement.

Hi all

I have recently bought an Oceanic Geo2 and after deciphering the incomprehensible manual, have used it about ten times and have started to like the way the computer operates.

Unfortunately though I have been having problems with the computer going into dive mode while on the surface. It seems to happen about twice a day, and the dive mode seems to last between ten and fifty minutes, with the computer showing a depth of between 1.4 and 1.5 metres.

Just wondering whether anyone else has encountered a similar problem and found a resolution?

Cheers
j

Make sure that you are blowing dry all of the points between dives. Can be a problem if those points stay wet.

I would soak the entire computer in a glass of distilled water for a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom