Oceanic Geo 2.0 owners - help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_anak_pulau_

Registered
Reaction score

Hi fellow Geo 2.0 owners,

I've just changed my Geo 2 battery, 1 year (50 dives) into it. Suspect battery ran flat quicker than expected from using backlight quite often.

Did not change the o-ring this time round but inspected and looks okay. Lubricated with silicone grease and re-use (I know the recommendation is to change with every battery change).

Question: I'm not sure if there's meant to be that gap between the battery cover and the dive com surface (Please refer to photo). Does yours have this teeny weeny gap as well or does it pretty much sit tight on the surface?

Hi fellow Geo 2.0 owners,

I've just changed my Geo 2 battery, 1 year (50 dives) into it. Suspect battery ran flat quicker than expected from using backlight quite often.

Did not change the o-ring this time round but inspected and looks okay. Lubricated with silicone grease and re-use (I know the recommendation is to change with every battery change).

Question: I'm not sure if there's meant to be that gap between the battery cover and the dive com surface (Please refer to photo). Does yours have this teeny weeny gap as well or does it pretty much sit tight on the surface?

Hi, both of mine have a gap between the “ear” (my term, not Oceanic’s) and the body of the unit. That ear extends past the battery housing, so shouldn’t be a problem as long as you’re not seeing a gap to the right of where you are indicating, which is where the battery cover connects to the battery housing.

Erik

Mine had a slight gap there as well. Little tip: don't go too long without changing that o-ring. I kept reusing mine since it seemed fine and then it flooded last summer and I had to replace it with a Shearwater. Damn shame really

Hi, both of mine have a gap between the “ear” (my term, not Oceanic’s) and the body of the unit. That ear extends past the battery housing, so shouldn’t be a problem as long as you’re not seeing a gap to the right of where you are indicating, which is where the battery cover connects to the battery housing.

Erik
Thanks Erik!
"Ear" is quite an accurate description :wink:
Yeah, the main circular area is definitely intact.

Mine had a slight gap there as well. Little tip: don't go too long without changing that o-ring. I kept reusing mine since it seemed fine and then it flooded last summer and I had to replace it with a Shearwater. Damn shame really
Thanks CT Sean. Will definitely change the O-ring in a few months time.

The gap on your "ear" shaped rear cover is too large. Ocassionally, we have noticed smaller gaps than yours in the Geo computers. I suspect one of the plastic latches (just out of memory I believe there are three of them) might have not latched properly or could be damaged. I would advise you re-open it and make sure all latches are properly latched (pushing real hard the rear cover against the case) before twisting it to the locked position..

The gap on your "ear" shaped rear cover is too large. Ocassionally, we have noticed smaller gaps than yours in the Geo computers. I suspect one of the plastic latches (just out of memory I believe there are three of them) might have not latched properly or could be damaged. I would advise you re-open it and make sure all latches are properly latched (pushing real hard the rear cover against the case) before twisting it to the locked position..
Thanks very much for alerting me. I had another go at undo-ing the rear cover after I managed to find the right size o-ring (thanks to Scubaboard members for compiling o-ring size list!). The gap was definitely bigger than what it should be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom