Oceanic Explorer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachaun

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm doing a liveaboard on the Oceanic Explorer to Tubbataha in March. I've already booked but I am just writing to see if anyone has any experience on this boat? What's the boat like, the people, etc? I have a C-cabin .. I am doing the transition trip .. Has anyone done it? Will the sea be rough as it as at the start of March?

I have been on the Oceanic before. I am also booked on the 12th of April. Its an ok boat. Not the Shangrila but compared to the others here it is nice. I really like the size of the boat. By the end of the trip you will know all your mates. Its small enough that way. It is also bigger than the Apo and makes the ride much better.

Never been on a transition trip. The weather is supposed to be rougher, hence the cheaper price. But as with every other season, it is all ht and miss these days. Cant be sure of anything.

If you have any specific questions, ask away

I'm on the Oceanic transition trip also. I hadn't heard about the rough seas. Is this an issue only on the trip out, or is it likely to be an issue all week?

hi, i have asked the same weather related questions to some crew members who did tubbataha. they told me that transition trip in march may go through rough sea. transition in june is opposite of that; the sea is calm. hoping to have good weather in JUNE! haha!

Paul, you lucky bastard!!!!! And I'm ass deep in snow!!!:D

OK, actually we did see the sun last week, but it's 'butt cold'!

Any last minute spots for a cook? OK a dishwasher?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom