Oceanic Excursion BCD (Medium)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvin007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am selling my Oceanic Excursion BCD (size medium - see size chart) since I am no longer using it. I purchased it, with warranty, in January 2007 and it has served me really well for the last 2+ years. It's a terrific and versatile back-inflated BCD with a simple and easy-to-use design for both cold and tropical water diving. The BCD was rinsed in freshwater after each day of diving and it is in very good condition. Some of its key highlights are:

--- Rear-inflated bladder with 45 lb lift capacity
--- Reinforced contoured shoulders, padded back pack with lumbar support and sternum strap ensure comfort and stability when carrying
--- QLR Integrated Weight System accommodates up to 32 lbs
--- 2x 5 lbs rear non-dumpable weights for adjusting trim in water
--- Pre-bent welded stainless steel D-rings
--- Adjustable waist band strap accommodates a variety of physiques
--- Single rear dump valve for buoyancy adjustment while maintaining horizontal trim

Check out photos of my BCD. I'll also throw in the low-pressure inflator hose. :)

Price: $325
Shipping: Free via UPS Ground to the lower 48 states
Payments: PayPal

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thanks!

Wow, no one is interested?

How about a price drop to $300 (free shipping and insurance) ? Makes a perfect gift for Christmas!

Last edited:
Oceanic Excursion BC Black

Need to drop your price as it's $340 new.

Hi. Unless I am missing something, the link you sent to LP shows the list price as $549.95, after a $30 discount from the original retail price of $579.95. So, I'm already at almost 50% off the original price... for a BCD that has been very well taken care of.

Wow, no one is interested?

How about a price drop to $300 (free shipping and insurance) ? Makes a perfect gift for Christmas!

Umm...just thought I would shed some light on why no one is interested.

Hi. Unless I am missing something, the link you sent to LP shows the list price as $549.95, after a $30 discount from the original retail price of $579.95. So, I'm already at almost 50% off the original price... for a BCD that has been very well taken care of.

I'm seeing leisurepro selling for $339.95, not $549.95 from that link. 41% off the retail price for a brand new bc, before shipping and handling.

I'm seeing leisurepro selling for $339.95, not $549.95 from that link. 41% off the retail price for a brand new bc, before shipping and handling.

I appreciate the feedback since I do want to ensure that my price is competitive. I would never consider charging the original price for a used piece of equipment.

However, I visited the link again today and unfortunately, I still do not see this listed price of $339.95. I visited LP directly (not using your link) via FireFox and IE and the same price of $549.95 shows up for the Oceanic Excursion BCD. Please see attached screenshot from today (12.11.2009). Unless LP is having random and brief sales when I am not looking, their price is $549.95.

Attachments

• LP-screen-shot.jpg
    LP-screen-shot.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 99
I'm not sure of the link's difference.. but this is what I saw:

screenshot20091211atpm1.png

I opened NY Times beside it as proof that the screenshots was just taken today :wink:

Btw, apparently they also have a 'free shipping' for orders above $50 as the big red banner says.

Although it's deeply discounted at the moment, it is a very fine BCD. Before I went BP/W I dove it around 100 dives and it looked almost as new when I sold mine. In my opinion it is not ideal for travel or warm water which is what I dive. For cooler local waters it's probably ideal. Good trim and construction. Unfortunately, in order to sell it you will most likely need to accept something somewhere around $200 IMHO.

Thanks again for the feedback and screen shots. I had some friends look at LP for the price, they also saw $549.95. However, oddly enough, when I called LP to inquire about it, they quoted the lowered price both of you have mentioned ($339.95). Go figure! This is one type of advertising I have never seen. :confused:

Needless to say, I want to ensure my price is competitive for a used BCD.

$225 with free ground shipping and insurance. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom