Oceanic DX2 Upgrade Kit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coflynn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

I have an old Oceanic DX2 first stage. However it has "pre-1995" parts, as there is an upgrade kit to convert it to newer parts.

But what I can't seem to find out is - what is the performance difference between the two? I'm mostly concerned about cold-water performance here...

Thanks,

-Colin

Performance between the two is the same - the upgrade addressed HP leaking between the seat and orifice = high intermediate pressure, leaking second stages etc. If you've been using it with no issues, I wouldn't imagine that it will be an issue anytime soon - or, until you have it serviced. The DX2 without the upgrade is not serviceable - I would recommend that you have the work done.

I have a dx2 that was serviced and now creeps up, this is my first regulator, I have it as a spare now. O would like to upgrade if possible. Also would like to know why is has been good for many years and after service it developed a problem.
Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom