oceanic delta 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found a review of the Delta 3 at ZuluSports.com. Here it is:

The Delta III incorporates some of the finer features in regulators at a reasonable price. It has an adjustable airflow deflector, which helps prevent the escape of air in a "free flow," and a variable airflow control dial for fine-tuned breathing.
With the Delta III, airflow adjustment while diving is easy, even with gloves on, and the dual exhaust vents minimize those vision-obscuring air bubbles.

The faceplate-mounted diaphragm purge valve is easy to engage and makes purging and clearing predictable. There's nothing like an unexpected rush of air in your mouth to surprise you underwater.

As tested, our Delta III featured a piston-regulated valve of proven design, called the PX2. It features two high-pressure air ports, and four low-pressure ports, on a swiveling head.

On one dive, I purposely sucked my tank completely dry. Until my last two breaths, breathing was as smooth and easy as with a full tank, thanks to the engineering quality of the piston.

Overall, the Delta III is a smooth and easy breathing regulator. It's also a fairly lightweight unit, which makes it comfortable. The only drawback is that it doesn't always settle down and to the side, making recovery a bit tricky. To make up for that, simply sweep your arm wider and higher.

MSRP: $425.00

Type: First and Second Stage

Inhalation Effort: Diver adjustable 0.0 - 2.5 cu. in. water

Exhalation Effort: 1.1 cu. in. water

Flow Rate: 30+ Standard Cubic Feet/Minute

Material: ABS/Polycarbonate composite

Special Features: Dynamic Adjustment (patented) offers preferred breathing resistance throughout dive; adjustable venturi system; computer optimized deflector vane; diver adjustable inhalation effort; orthodontic mouthpiece

Recommended Ability Levels: Intermediate, Advanced

User: Unisex

Hope this will help
Mike

At ZuluSports.com they gave the Delta 3 - 5/5 stars -

Mike

I've rented these before (New England) and they are very easy breathing regs -- for the money, this is one of the best regs out there. I think I had a price quoted to me last fall of around $350.....just a little over half the costs of the high performing regs out there. I think this model typically comes with a swivel first stage as well. Rodale's Scuba Diving typically has this one rated a "Best Buy".

I own both the Delta 2 and Delta 3 regs. Delta 2 is an excellent performer but I like the Delta 3 even better.
The smaller size is more comfortable, you can almost forget it's there. I've also found the airflow adjustment on the 3 to be more responsive. If you try one I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Hi,
One of my birthday presents was the Delta 3. I just took it in the pool last Monday. I wanted to try it out before I take it to Bonaire March 17th.
Love it! Fantastic. Can't wait to put it in the 'real' water.
:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom