Oceanic Data Trans +

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liqtor

Reaction score
ok guys Im thinking of upgrading to a data trans + and would like some opions on this computer. Good or bad. I want to make the most educated decision possible. thnak you
Lloyd

I was fortunate to get a Data Trans+ about 3yrs ago as a gift. I like Oceanic product, it is a bit more liberal computer than some others. Once it would not pick up the tank pressure so I took it to the shop and in a little over a week I had a re-furb computer. About the only complaint with the older models was the signal/tank pressure cutting out. I understand the new ones have improved. I baught my wife a Pro Plus 2 and we have a Veo 100 for a back-up.

If you want to download your dive into your pc you cannot use a computer that has XP on it, It won't work. Other than that this a great computer. The new computers like the VT PRO, PRO PLUS all use the new downloadeder which is done by USB, rather than the printer port which is why the old downloaders do not work with XP. I just upgraded to the VT PRO and only real difference I see is the smaller size and I belive it keeps the correct time set in even when not in use. This was a big problem for me with my DATA TRANS PLUS.

I have an Aeris 750, and I love the darn thing. I wouldn't go back to guages again. except for backup.

i thought oceanic discontinued mfg. this model.

I've had an Oceanic for 7 years and except for replacing batteries, no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom