Oceanic Chute 2- Oceanic has EXCELLENT customer servce!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamaniac

Registered
Reaction score
As a person involved with customer service I wanted to post this story. I don't know anyone at Oceanic (do now!) but have purchased their regulators (Delta 3), (2) versa pro computers and a Tour BC. My tour BC did not have enough lift and a d-ring came off so my dive shop returned the tour. I decided that the Chute 2 was the way to go and the Chute arrived at my dive shop only to find out the XL Chute 2 cumber bun was too short for my middle so I was really dissapointed and thought I would have to look for another BC because they don't make XXL. So, since I lived only 10 minutes from the Oceanic Factory I thought I would give them a call. I know they don't sell direct but I figured what the hell.

I called them and spoke with Jesus about my frustration and he told me to come down to try on different BC's because the dive shops don't carry every model and size. They do! :D So, I drove down and saw the place. HOLY COW! It is incredible...all the people sewing bc's and their HUGE storage facility. We went back to the BC area and after listening to my problem we figured out that a XXL cumberband was really what was needed, not a different BC. Since I am going diving tomorrow I thought I would not be able to go since I would have to order the XXL through the shop and have them ship the band which would meant next week delivery. Well, they gave me the cumberband on the spot and told me to enjoy my weekend. INCREDIBLE. I met several of the staff and they are so incredibly nice. I also got an offer to come back and tour everything including the computer department where they engineer and make the dive computers. (I am in the computer industry so I will take them up on that!) I just thought I would post this as a VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER of Oceanic and they definitely made my week today! I doubt Jesus reads the boards but THANK YOU JESUS for taking care of me. It is things like this that will have me and my dive buddy (wife)staying with Oceanic forever. My new Chute 2 is awesome and I can't wait to get in Montery Bay in just 14 hours!

Glad to hear that you had such good luck with them, I too have just bought a complete OCEANIC setup from my LDS, I hope to have the same luck if i ever have a problem with my new gear.

Get Wet or Go Home!

Scubaddawg :skull:

I just got back Sunday night from a fantastic weekend of diving in Montery. The Chute 2 is a fantastic BC. For a back inflate with the biostretch bladder it is amazing how it holds you up in the water without that forward pushing effect like the Zeagle.

Great BC and nice heavy duty d-rings and ballistic nylon throughout the bc.

Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom