Ocean View vs Standard at F.A.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

durst

Reaction score
Staying at Fiesta Americana. Should I go with the extra $56 pp for the Ocean View? I have never been there. Where do they put you if you get the standard room? (Not Casita) Do they put you facing the Casitas on the back of the hotel facing East? Or still facing the Ocean, just too low to see the ocean. I'm wondering what my chances are of upgrading to a "real" Ocean View room are if I go with Standard.

Thanks

My sweetie and I started out in a standard room on the second floor, down close to the outer edge of the hotel. The view was every bit as nice as it needed to be. Whe moaned and whined about wanting a room with a king sized bed, so they moved us up to the 5th floor. That view was also every bit as nice as it needed to be.

I can't imagine a bad view at that hotel, regardless of what I've heard people say about being on the third floor or above.

I think all of the rooms in the main hotel have a view of some sort. Probably some of the lower floors are obscured by trees or the "grass hut" out front. Ask for an upper floor when you book.

They are very cool about moving you around if you don't like where you end up. Just ask and they will do their best.

Don't do the casita thing. Dark, damp, and dank in my opinion with no veiw at all. The rooms are bigger, but you can't beat the ocean views.

all of the rooms at the FA face the ocean, except those newer bungalos built on the back side. We have always been above floor 5 as I remember and the view was great. I guess anything above pool level would be fine.

We have revs for Oct at the FA. Can't wait.

Your basically in a jungle type setting. It's a long walk to the restaurant, pool, bar, ocean...etc. And there is no view at all. Other than that, the rooms in the main building all face west w/ a view of the ocean. The higher the floor the better the view.

We chose the Casitas as they are a larger room and come with continental breakfast every morning which is perfect meal just before diving. No they don't have a view but who is in the room anyway. If your not diving, swimming/drinking, out on the town for dinner then your in bed. So most of the waking time your either in the water or have a view of it. IMHO ocean views are way over rated in Coz.

just my .02 worth

That's the 1st time I've ever heard that.

You don't need to spend hours in your room to appreciate the view & proximity of the ocean. When I go to sleep at night, I want to be able to hear the ocean. When I get up in the morning, I want to go out on my balcony & see it. For most people, the view is important. That is the reason there are only a handful of casitas and 100+ rooms facing the ocean, at FA.

I've stayed at dozens of accommodations on Coz, and have much enjoyed the ocean views from all (including FA) even though I don't spend a great amount of time gazing.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

I'm a New York City resident who looks out her window and sees cars and buildings. The ocean views in coz have gone a long way towards healing the soul sickness that comes from being separated from the natural beauty of the world.

I would never consider paying MORE to stay in one of the "casitas." I suspect that the continental breakfast is thrown in as a way of luring people into accomodations that have no view.

Wow,

Did not realize that my post would cause such a stir. However, I do understand why people do like to have OV's. I am certainly not apposed to them it's just that they are not at the top of my list when booking a place in Coz. My wife on the other hand agree's with all of you but she went along with the Casita and was not disappointed in the least.

Kat, there are more than a handfull of Casitas, there are 54 units. Next time your there you might have the front desk give you a key and check them out. Pretty neat deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom