ocean master regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bstaaden

New
Reaction score
I'm about to purchase my first reg. and my LDS/Instructor sells ocean master regulators, they go for approx $450 -$550 depending on the model, but I can get an Aqualung Legend or ScubaPro Mk25 S600 for around the same price. The oceanmaster has 2 360 degree swivels on the 2nd stage which I would think would lessen jaw fatigue, even though I realize that it is a potential point of problems. I want to go beyond my AOW cert. and I want to buy one regulator and have it serve my needs for quite some time. I live in wisconsin but don't dive ice or any water colder than I have to, but I will be diving Lake Michigan and such for more advanced certifications...hopefully Dive Master (midlife crisis thing). My prefered diving is mexico/carib. If anyone has knowledge of the ocean master regs, or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I'd really like to support my instructor but with no other knowledge than I can find, I'm leaning towards the scubapro

If you're in Wisconsin, a diaphragm 1st stage would probably make more sense for you than a piston.
I'm not that familiar with the Ocean Master regs, how are their cold water capabilities? Do they have an environmentally sealed 1st stage?
Keep in mind that freezing conditions can set in with water temps in the 40s, which is way common in Lake Michigan.

Ocean master makes great masks and snorkels...

Did I mention Ocean master makes great masks and snorkels....

Did I mention Ocean master makes great masks and snorkels....
Did I mention Ocean master makes great masks and snorkels....Did I mention Ocean master makes great masks and snorkels....

I don't know anything about Ocean Master regs, but my opinion would be that if you can get an Aqualung Legend for the same price, then go for the legend. My son dives a Legend, they're easy, dry breathers at depth and they seem to be very dependable.

If you really want a swivel why not look into an Apeks ATX50 with the DST first stage. I dive an Apeks and prefer them to the Legend ( although my son prefers his Legend over my Apeks ) If your LDS sells Aqualung products he almost certianly will sell Apeks too and I'll bet the ATX50 and the Legend will be comparably priced

Good luck :)

you might check the post under BCD that states Ocean Masters not honoring warranties on their BCDs ...if they decide not to honor them ,,think about what they might do on regs.and other products they sell...I would look else where, for your equipment

I'd go with the Aqual Lung or Scuba Pro. Easier to get serviced.

Scottri:
I'd go with the Aqual Lung or Scuba Pro. Easier to get serviced.

Ditto.
Actually I'd probably go with an eBay used Healthways Scuba Star before the Ocean Master.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom