Ocean Log Interface difficulties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mimagol

New
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to diving - and purchased a VEO180 (consul).

When connecting to Ocean Log I am having some difficulty. I have downloaded the software for the Ocean Log and the drivers for the cable.

When I try to interface, the Computer section - it finds the USB Interface, but when I click the 'start reading setting' icon it times out.

It also does not let me download the dives onto the Log

I hope this is easily fixed. Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Michelle

When Oceanlog finds the interface it means that the download adapter is plugged into the USB port of the laptop. It does not mean that it is connected to the dive computer. You need to then plug the adapter into the Dive Computer and you should see "PC" and a countdown from 120. This means the PDC is connected to the adapter. That is when you have it start reading the data. It should handshake and then read. If you plug in the PDC too soon it will time out before you even tell it to read in the software and then the software will also time out because the PDC won't be listening for the handshake.

Back
Top Bottom