Occidental Cozumel Dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CdnJoe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, its been many years since I have been on here.
Funny I learned to dive at the Occidental Cozumel dive shop back in 06-08 when it was Dive Palancar and they were great..

Just wondering if anyone has any opinion/reviews of the current dive shop there?
Is there a dive shop still on site?

I think its called Pro Dive Mexico

Been years since I dove so need a refresher..last place was Curacao, but I always remember the currents from Cozumel, very awesome

Thanks I am heading down Feb 02-11..

I assume you mean the Occidental Grand Cozumel (could also be referring to Allegro next door). In either case, yes they now have Pro Dive as their onsite dive operation. It is a standard "large operation" type of dive shop. Very regimented with fixed dive sites and fixed dive times.

I have been going to Coz for several years and staying at the Occidental Cozumel, not Allegro. Pro Dive Mexico is certainly adequate and fits my needs nicely. They visit various sites on a schedule based upon the day of the week. Run times vary from 50 to 60 minutes. Sometimes the boats are full and sometimes they are not. Cost per dive averages about $48 per, but varies depending upon number of dives and are available in “packages”. I generally do three dives a day and the PDM folks always put together a package that works for me. Dives guides pretty much leave you to do whatever if you demonstrate you can handle yourself in the water. They do want you to loosely stay with the group, since they have some responsibility for you on the dive, but they are not dive police. Nitrox is free. Boats leave the pier at 0815 and 1300. They return at 1130 and about 1630 depending on the sites visited in the pm.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom