Occidental Allegro vs Occidental Grand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I need to decide between these two. I have read a lot about how good Occidental Grand is. I need to know how much better it is than Occidenal Allegro.

I am interested in quality of rooms, pools, beach, etc.

Thanks,

Rich Hagelin

Rooms in the Allegro are quite adequate. Rooms in the Grand are elegant. Bathrooms at the Allegro usually work. Bathrooms at the Grand are part of the vacation.

Grands beach was damaged by a storm when they first opened so the Allegro is a bit nicer. Once you get in the water, they are both the same.

Pools were both OK (I never went in) but the Grands seemed quieter.

Food was a cut above at the Grand also.

I'd spent $100.00 to $150.00 more per person for a week at the Grand.

Hi Rich:

In April my wife and I are staying at the Occidental Grand for the first time. My research supports the favorable comments AWAP posted above. Here is a link to a lot of reviews about the Grand that were posted by people who allegedly stayed there recently.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._Grand_Cozumel-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

I hope this helps.

I would agree with the foregoing comments on the Grand. It is very, very nice and nearly new. Great service and great rooms. Although the beach was slightly damaged, it looks like they have done a good job to repair. Also, you can walk to the Allegro and use their facilities (beach) if you stay at the Grand. Definately worth the extra $ over the Allegro. Have Fun!!!

Back
Top Bottom