Obtaining FQAS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twistypencil

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I just moved into Montreal and found out I need the FQAS to dive in Quebec. Fortunately, I could get a temporary pass for a month because of my experience, so I could go dive tomorrow, but it seems like I need to pass a test to get this more permanently.

From what I understand, the test is 10 questions. I can take a class and then the test, but that will run me $150, can I just take the test somehow? It seems like 10 questions should not be that difficult, and paying $150 for an entire class just to pass a test of 10 questions seems a bit much.

What are these questions like? Multiple choice? Or do I need to write essays or something. Is it going to be things like how many mm of wet do you need to dive in 43 degrees? What does hypothermia feel like? Or something more "hard"?

Back
Top Bottom