Observations for September 2022 Coz Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GameChanger

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been here for 5 days and my observation has been that the visibility is a lot less than I am used to seeing (No pun intended...). I am guessing that is why we haven't seen the usual larger critters, with the exception of a Bull shark at Punta Sur. I did see a couple of Spotted Rays today flying by very close at Palancar Caves. I have also noticed a lot of up-currents with sargassum mixed in.

I haven't noticed any drop in visibility. Isn't Palancar Caves supposed to be closed right now?

I haven't noticed any drop in visibility. Isn't Palancar Caves supposed to be closed right now?
No clue. I just jump in where the boat takes me...
I just checked and you are right! No wonder we were the only boat there.
1662727585534.png

A few weeks back while at horseshoe (current going north) I noticed several boats to the South

Same thing in June when I was there- I did several days of evening/night dives, and there were boats at Paradise each time- even though the reef was closed. One night is was 2-3 boats, and you could see the flashlight fest as we drove by. Guessing enforcement is not too strict, as it was pretty plain as day. You could probably see them from shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom