Obituary--Chip Darling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcsgt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Chip was a Eugene, Oregon area diver. Wonderful guy and a good friend. He will be missed.

Claude Darling Jr.

CHESHIRE - A celebration of life will be at 2 p.m. Friday, June 23, at Christ Center in Junction City for Claude "Chip" Darling Jr. of Cheshire. He died June 13 of prostate cancer at age 53.

He was born April 20, 1953, in Eugene. He married Jessica Hogland on Nov. 24, 1979, in Eugene.

He started working for Lane Rural Fire and Rescue in 1981 and had been the district's fire chief since 1991.

Survivors include his wife; his mother, Betty Benson of Eugene; three brothers, Doug of Eugene, Tim of Perkasie, Pa., and Jeff of Redding, Calif.; and three sisters, Joan Nelson and Patti Mortenson, both of Springfield, and Kim Turner of Eugene.

Inurnment will be private. Arrangements by Murphy-Musgrove Funeral Home in Junction City.

Remembrances to the Prostate Cancer Research Institute in care of the funeral home.

very sad...

my thoughts go to his family and friends

Thanks, I'll pass them along.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Chad

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts and words.

Chip's celebration of life was today and it was nice, as far as they go anyway. Since he was a fire chief, they played the pipes and did the "out of service" radio transmission. That always gets me, even when it's done for a stranger, let alone a close friend.

Jcsgt...I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend...My heart goes out to you and his family...Moment of silence and a prayer now...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom