Oasis Divers Phoenix has ceased operations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhxSki

Contributor
Reaction score

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

comments not related to this topic have been edited

Just a word of warning. Oasis Divers at their 40th Street & Bell Road location has ceased operations. Spoke with a representative at their Tempe store who provided essentally nothing in terms of if and when the store will be re-opened. Looks like they may be having financial problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS: Just a word of warning. Oasis Divers at their 40th Street & Bell Road location has ceased operations. Spoke with a representative at their Tempe store who provided essentally nothing in terms of if and when the store will be re-opened. Looks like they may be having financial problems.

Was wondering just yesterday how long that would take to hit SB. Exactly 8 days :D. I may be inclined to give details if I don't get what's due to me soon.

Was wondering just yesterday how long that would take to hit SB. Exactly 8 days :D. I may be inclined to give details if I don't get what's due to me soon.

The situation with Oasis Divers concerns me for a number of reasons. First, I just joined their "Scuba Club" and paid the annual dues for a year in advance. If they were on the verge of financial problems, they obviously should have disclosed this at the time. Second, when I called their Tempe store, the fella to whom I spoke could not or would not provide any information. Finally, their web site makes no mention of the Phoenix store ceasing operation nor does it provide any information in regard to what is going on.

This is no way to treat customers who have dealt with them in good faith.

Typically when businesses have these type of problems, they are doing everything they can to stay afloat, save their homes, cars, and other unimportant items that are distroying their lives and dreams, and when you just lost everything, letting their customers know is going to be down the list aways. I feel very bad for Amy, she has been a very positive fixture to Az diving for alot of years, getting involved with people who's idea of greatness is controling the local scuba industry was a mistake on her part, big dreams should start small until it can pay for the growth, now she's left holding the bag and will pay for it. Garrett, hope you make out alright, but in these situations, almost everyone involved gets hurt.

Typically when businesses have these type of problems, they are doing everything they can to stay afloat, save their homes, cars, and other unimportant items that are distroying their lives and dreams, and when you just lost everything, letting their customers know is going to be down the list aways. I feel very bad for Amy, she has been a very positive fixture to Az diving for alot of years, getting involved with people who's idea of greatness is controling the local scuba industry was a mistake on her part, big dreams should start small until it can pay for the growth, now she's left holding the bag and will pay for it. Garrett, hope you make out alright, but in these situations, almost everyone involved gets hurt.
Going out of business is one thing. Accepting money from customers when you know you are about to go under is entirely something different. Failing to disclose relevant information amounts to fraud.

aztec diver:

I certainly hope you are not implying that someone is a victim here, because that someone had to say yes to every single thing that went on. I know for a fact that the major investments were not done without the majority owner's knowledge and blessing. There's plenty of blame to go around but no one person is the sole victim, particularly when they control single-handedly the checking account.
In my year-plus of dealing with them, one person did everything he said he was going to do with me. Another person did nothing they said they were going to do with me. You figure out who's who.
Before this gets out of control, it might be best to stop making statements about this situation especially when they will hit raw nerves.
Total Disclosure: I was a DM for them. I'm still owed money. I was promised a store credit that I never got, by the same person who controlled and still controls the checkbook.

Sorry to mis-address this comment to you, Phxski.

Last edited:
This thread is for discussion concerning the recent Oasis Divers closure.

How about if we discuss the paradise scuba closure?????
That one seemed much more "professional".

I personally don't want to discuss either...as I know very little about them...just sad to see shops closing in our area!!!
But I will say this....I don't like seeing people..."fellow divers"...getting hurt in all of this....
I am sorry to read that you are owed for your service!!! ...:( I hope it turns out that you get compensated for your hard work...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom