Oakland ledges / Caves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ctx120

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My group of beach divers have dived pompano drop off , lauderdale hall of fame , Anglin pier ledge, Dania Bch and now I looking for information regarding The Caves / Twin Ledges /oakland ridge moorings . Can anybody provide information about these sites . Any information you can provide will be appreciated including parking .
Has anybody heard of this place .A group of us want to dive this site from the beach .I understand that Vista Park is north of the dive site .My concern is parking ? .I know we can go south from Sunrise park cars along the beach and swim out to the mooring balls . Parking & gearing up has to be done before 9:00 before life guards come on duty .
between oakland park BlVd and sunrise there is no beach parking on the streets . Is this correct ? Then we have no choice to head south from sunrise blvd park & dive .

Any info is greatly appreciated

When I owned a boat I used to dive this area all the time. Loved it. Nice ledges, undercut, tons of fish, really nice. I can't imagine doing it as a beach dive though, but I wouldn't do PDO as a beach dive either and thats closer to shore I think. Too lazy and too afraid of getting run over. As a dive in general, I definitely recommend it though.

Can't provide any info on parking.

Good luck, and have fun. Keep your head down. LoL

It is impossible to do a shore dive out to the Oakland Ledges from what we call "Vista South" in the neighborhood after 8am when the gates open up and you have to pay a buck an hour to park because you will die.
But if you can figure out how to do it, please leave all my lobsters alone.
(And you better kill the Lion Fish you see.)
Chug
Has giant steel tanks and is not afraid to use them.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom