Oak Hill Scuba Windy Point Sat. 8A.M. Dive June 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

navychop

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys and gals, we'll be doing a Oak Hill Scuba dive team dive this Saturday June 19th at Windy Point. Richard said that if we bring bags to clean up trash while we dive, then we get in for FREE! Let's have fun and clean up our local dive park at the same time. We plan to meet there at 8am and plan to be in the water by 8:30. Let us know if you are interested and please feel free to invite friends.
Look for the truck with the Oak Hill Scuba banner to pick up your trash bag for free admission.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you out there!

Can't clean up too much trash, otherwise I won't have any beer bottles to launch!

I can't believe I've never thought of this... :eyebrow:

Have you ever witnessed the result of this (on the surface) by other's below?

I can't believe I've never thought of this... :eyebrow:

Have you ever witnessed the result of this (on the surface) by other's below?

No, but I do know I got one to surface and then float after it broke the surface.

No, but I do know I got one to surface and then float after it broke the surface.

To clarify the bottle itself did not "break", it did however break the surface, correct?

Wait, you said "then float"... sorry, I missed it ;-)

Just make sure you shake all the dirt about before you put a reg up to it, kid just grabbed one and hamered it with a reg, somehow it backflowed into the reg and shot all the mud out of the regulator exhaust port, looked like that BP oil gusher.... ewwww

Thanks Fixxer, I can see some field trials in the near future.

Think I'll make the Oak Hill cleanup in the morning :D

Maybe I'll temporarily add an LP air nozzle to the rig...

Last edited:
I have witnessed bottles pop up on the surface and then right themself during a few charters. Leave some water in the bottle so it stays afloat and it will return to shore.

A new dive activity, send the trash back up to the boaters. Do I sense a new specialty?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom