Question Oahu Dec 19-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renpirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I will be in Oahu next week looking to do some diving. I have dove there before, but not really familiar with all the diving. I am hoping to do the Sea Star wreck. How are the conditions looking and any recommendations on dive ops?

Do you mean the Sea Tiger?

I have dived in Oahu 3 times, but not since 2009. I enjoyed the Sea Tiger and also the YO-257/San Pedro. The operator I used has been out of business for years.

Have a great trip.

Yeah not exactly sure what you mean by Sea Star, but the Sea Tiger is incredible down south. There are many nice wrecks down south, but East side (Maunalua bay) has some nice wrecks, reefs, and if you get lucky, the sea cave (on special days of good conditions). For Maunalua Bay, I recommend booking with Aaron's Dive Shop, and down south Ruckus Sportfishing and Diving. Definitely getting colder, so if you get cold bring a 5mm (or even 7 if you're super skinny).

I'm diving with Island Divers out of Hawaii Kai on the 24th am, doing the 3-tank run. Weather permitting, they might go to the less frequented spots. The Mahi is also on my hopeful list. The major hard rain runoff from last week should be resolved by then. Shoot me a DM if that works into your schedule.

Their sister company Honolulu Scuba Co (out of Waikiki) and Kaimana Divers also typically get great reviews. (I've not actually used any of them.)

We've dove with Kaimana Divers on three different trips to Oahu in the last three years and have had a great experience with them every time.

Thx for the shout out Orcas!!! Only bummer is we are completely sold out on all 3 boats from about Dec 18th on through Jan 5th. Great to have so many awesome divers visiting these next few weeks...... I just wish we could take you ALL out diving!

Thx for the shout out Orcas!!! Only bummer is we are completely sold out on all 3 boats from about Dec 18th on through Jan 5th. Great to have so many awesome divers visiting these next few weeks...... I just wish we could take you ALL out diving!
Gabe,

Bad luck for the OP but I'm glad to hear you are doing well.

Jon

Well that is good to know. Any recommendations on other dive ops that might have slots?

I'm diving with Island Divers out of Hawaii Kai on the 24th am, doing the 3-tank run. Weather permitting, they might go to the less frequented spots. The Mahi is also on my hopeful list. The major hard rain runoff from last week should be resolved by then. Shoot me a DM if that works into your schedule.

Their sister company Honolulu Scuba Co (out of Waikiki) and Kaimana Divers also typically get great reviews. (I've not actually used any of them.)
I reached out to them. Fingers crossed that they have space.

Do you mean the Sea Tiger?

I have dived in Oahu 3 times, but not since 2009. I enjoyed the Sea Tiger and also the YO-257/San Pedro. The operator I used has been out of business for years.

Have a great trip.
Yep, I meant the Sea Tiger. I dove it 8 years ago and it was a fun dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom