O2 analyzer sensor replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got a question about the sensor in O2 analyzers. I understand the sensor needs to be replaced regularly. Is it something that needs to be replaced after a specific period of time (e.g. every year or so)? Or is it a function of how much use the analyzer gets?

The sensors age if you have the meter turned on or not. They may age less when sealed but you still don't want to buy an old stock new sensor.

I was trying to figure out some rough idea for how often the replacement will need to be done. Any estimates? If it's a use thing, I'll probably be diving under 100 tanks a year.

I've got a question about the sensor in O2 analyzers. I understand the sensor needs to be replaced regularly. Is it something that needs to be replaced after a specific period of time (e.g. every year or so)? Or is it a function of how much use the analyzer gets?

You need to replace it when it can't be calibrated anymore (when you can't get to %20.9 on air or %100 on O2)

Sensor life is variable and has more to do with storage conditions than usage.

flots

As said sensors are consumable. It is a chemical reaction with O2 that is going on. I have found that is the sensor is kept sealed when not in use that it will last 4-5 years. Otherwise more like 3 years or so. It al depends on the mfg as well. Analox has a 3 year guarantee on their sensors. As for when to replace them - as said when you can not calibrate them any longer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, guys!

I have had them last for a year, another for a few years. How I store them doesn't seem to matter too much as the one that lives in my mixing stick is still good yet the one I keep capped has failed along with a another I stored capped. I buy one every few years, and just shop the internet for the best deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom