o2 analyzer question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gsxr1997

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
i have a max o2 analyzer complete wiith the oxygen module ,and an oxygen flowmeter,but do not have the regulator to attach to the yoke to reduce the tank pressure down to something the flowmeter can manage. does anyone know of a source ,and /or the pressure at which it should be operated at? i am assuming it should be somewhere around 140 psi .
thanks in advance

If you mean the vertical column with a needle valve on the bottom kind of flow meter, then pressure isn't very critical since you will be using the needle valve to set the flow so anything within the allowable range for the flowmeter - say 20 to 200 - will work.

So any regulator, or even a needle valve capable of handling full tank pressure, will do the job. However, the problem is hooking the regulator or reducer to the SCUBA valve, and the cheapest/easiest way to do this is usually to use an old SCUBA 1st. I've had good luck attaching the flowmeter directly to the 1st, using a brass adaptor made from a hardware store brass fitting - I think there's a picture of one such rig in the Gallery section of the Airspeed Press website.

You should also know that a lot of diver's aren't using regulators and flowmeters anymore, but simple samplers that fit on the tank valve, and using the tank valve to control flow. Crude, but usually works fine.

I've attached such flowmeters to old SCUBA 1st stages, I think there's a picture of one in the Gallery section of the Airspeed Press webpage.

Some analysers youjust open the tank a little and hold the sensor near the flow, others you hook into theLP hose. I would need to see a photo to tell you which one you have tho.

Back
Top Bottom