O-rings specifications for Seac Sub Q1 and Q5 torch lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laffrey

New
Reaction score
I have 2 Seac torch lights: a Q5 that I use as main torch and a Q1 that I use as backup.

I need to replace the O-rings on both of then as they have not been changed for quite a while and I want to be on the safe side
I have searched on the Seac Sub website, internet and various boards However I could not find any document .that contains the specs for these O-rings.
I have also contacted Seac Sub in Italy to no success. They said they do not have that information...and recommended to go to a Seac Sub dealer (there isn't any where I live). I have contacted Seac dealers in neighboring countries and so far, they could not help.

Would someone be able to help with the detailed specs / dimensions of these O-rings?

Q5 torch:
- double o-ring radial seal: ???

Q1 torch
- double o-ring radial seal: OR 2150 NBR (37,82x1,78)
- on/off switch seal: ???

Thanks

I used to go to the seals and oring shop German guy very technical factory and a diver
anyway his staff would hide when I came in every few weeks with a dozen unmeasured

But what happened is I liberated myself learnt to measure and read and became happy

and the thumb nail forefinger test is one in my foolproof shore testing special tool box

If you are unsure sizes between the sizes are fractional buy a size bigger and smaller

You can also get some orings for your camera gear scooter and garden hose fittings

Thanks @happy-diver. On this web site, they sell O-rings by 100s and the FedEx shipment would be over USD 100...
However, there is useful information and the Olypsys measurement app for O-rings is very effective. I downloaded the User grid, calibrated it on the app and measured my O-rings. That worked fairly accurately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom