O rings PT-015 oly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got an extra set when I ordered my Fisheye housing from Yuzo at UWCamera in Japan. You might try Ryan at Underwater Camera Pro. He's at DEMA and related functions for the next week but he's been checking his emails regularly.

The was a thin, white plastic triagle, much like a guitar pick only thinner, that came with my PT-015. The O-rings fit so well on the PT-015 that it needs something really thin, just be careful not to nick the o-ring.

The white plastic thingy is the way to go and I just leave mine in the housing so it does not wander off. You do not want to nick the o-ring but more importantly, you do not want to nick or scratch the groove for the o-ring in the case. The O-ring can be inexpensively replaced, the housing can't. Using a metal pick is not an option.

Jester once bubbled...
Do you think the little plastic DAN membership card might work?

That's just about the right stiffness and thickness.

I've always used one of those S&S O-ring tools that I got years ago. But it's just too thick.

I can't imagine going anywhere with the camera and housing but not taking my DAN card. On my next renewal, I'll have to look at ways to trim it down and carry in in/on/around the housing. Maybe the size of the silica gel packet?

The little insurance cards they send you to put in your car are about the same thickness and would also work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom