O-rings for flashlight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divin'dog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been reading where divers have been replacing o-rings on cheap ebay dive lights just to hedge against flooding. I bought one of those cheapie lights but cannot find o-rings to fit. Does not seem to be a standard size. I've looked online and in the big box stores. Nothing in the size I need...??

For those of you who have replaced your o-rings, were they standard size? If not, where did you buy them? Any particular type of rubber and durometer you would suggest?

Thanks in advance.

I've been reading where divers have been replacing o-rings on cheap ebay dive lights just to hedge against flooding. I bought one of those cheapie lights but cannot find o-rings to fit. Does not seem to be a standard size. I've looked online and in the big box stores. Nothing in the size I need...??

For those of you who have replaced your o-rings, were they standard size? If not, where did you buy them? Any particular type of rubber and durometer you would suggest?

Thanks in advance.

First off, don't try to choose a replacement o-ring based on the size of the Chinese o-ring you are replacing. They seem to favor using a smaller diameter (and softer - easily damaged) o-ring with a fatter cross-section and then stretching it to fit, somewhat. I measured the gland size and the cap size to choose a 2-018 for my Trustfire J1s. It also uses the 18350 battery so it might work fine on yours also. Be careful you don't lose the magnet in the switch ring. I used nitrile as it is lease expensive and adequate. Mine are duro 70 but a bit softer would be OK. The fit was a little tight so install the cap carefully.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom