Question o-rings aqualung xl4 1991

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
R

rubenvv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I have an older regulator from aqualung (spirotechnique) xl4 from around 1991. It is still working great but it should be serviced. I took everything apart without any problem, but I'm looking for the correct service kit (o-rings and conical filter).
I found a spare parts list, but the part numbers do not exist anymore.
Is there anyone who can help me find these parts?
The numbers are:
Or is there anyone who can tell me what the dimensions of the o-rings should be and the material?
If I have dimensions, I can buy the correct O-rings separatly.

Thanks in advance
Kind regards
Ruben

If you have no luck finding service kit or figuring out part numbers, then having an oring size chart on hand can help match unknown oring dimensions. I frequently refer to this one, make sure it is printed to actual size.
Sometimes it can be difficult to be 100% sure using this method, particularly if the original oring is broken or misshapen from age and being compressed. But usually a size chart will get the job done.

Viton (FKM) is a safe bet when choosing material for general regulator servicing, although I mostly use Buna-N (Nitrile) since none of my diving involves using mixes above 40% oxygen.

Trident sells generic conical filters, or possibly reuse if the original after cleaning if it is in good shape.

You will probably get more helpful eyes on this topic in the repairing your own gear section of the DIY forum, you could click the report button located lower left side of your post to request it be moved there.

If you have no luck finding service kit or figuring out part numbers, then having an oring size chart on hand can help match unknown oring dimensions. I frequently refer to this one, make sure it is printed to actual size.
Sometimes it can be difficult to be 100% sure using this method, particularly if the original oring is broken or misshapen from age and being compressed. But usually a size chart will get the job done.

Viton (FKM) is a safe bet when choosing material for general regulator servicing, although I mostly use Buna-N (Nitrile) since none of my diving involves using mixes above 40% oxygen.

Trident sells generic conical filters, or possibly reuse if the original after cleaning if it is in good shape.

You will probably get more helpful eyes on this topic in the repairing your own gear section of the DIY forum, you could click the report button located lower left side of your post to request it be moved there.
Hi Kupu,

Thanks for the information about the captain and the materials.
I also moved this topic to another section. Hopefully somebody can give me some more information.

I you select the O-rings, which shore hardness to you use?

Use shore durometer 90 orings in high pressure areas of the first stage.
Shore durometer 70 orings for low pressure (intermediate pressure) areas of the first stage and all second stage orings.

This is what I found already by crossreferencing a few spare part lists, manuals and webshops.

• aqualung number | other number | AS568 | dimensions (mm)
  • 116614 | 820014 | 014 | 12.42 x 1.78
  • 718309 | 820062 | ? | 24.3 x 2.40
  • 114221 | ? | ? | ?
  • 121130 | 820018 | 018 | 18.77 x 1.78
  • 850218 | 820088 | ? | ?
  • 116881 | 820011 | 011 | 7.65 x 1.78
  • 116174 | ? | ? | 8.74 of 8.73 x 1.78

• 121129 | 106839 | sintered filter
Is there somebody who can add some data?

Back
Top Bottom