o-ring source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undrwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know there have been posts about this in the past, but I spent about 2 on and off frustrating hours trying to find what I'm looking for.

I have an Oly PT-10 camera housing that needs a new o-ring. I purchased one before from a source recommended here on SB, but I can't find the email or details.

Does someone have a listing of the companies manufacture o-rings? I can probably remember who I bought it from if I see the list.

Thanks,

Russell

Try Backscatter, they sell Olympus o-rings.

sjspeck:
Try Backscatter, they sell Olympus o-rings.

So they do! I think the PT-007 has the same specs as the PT-010, and they show that there. I did find where I purchased the previous one. oringsusa.com. Their size is -252.

Thanks Mike, I did request the 70, though, before I read your post. Any reason why one over the other? I used the 70 the first time, and it seemed to work well.

If 70 is working for you stick with it.
O-rings, contrary to common belief are not compressible.
They just change shape when pinched/squeezed. Harder materials will take higher pressure before extruding out of the sealing groove. 70 is typically ok up to 1500 psi, 90 is for higher pressures (1st stages in regs).
The softer 50 durometer material is squishier, for lack of a better term.
It's easier to assemble and in the case of a plastic camera housing & puts less stress on the surrounding enclosure. Particularly around clamps & screw bosses, where cracks usually start.

My 2 cents worth.

Mike D

undrwater:
Thanks Mike, I did request the 70, though, before I read your post. Any reason why one over the other? I used the 70 the first time, and it seemed to work well.

That makes sense, thanks. I'll keep an eye on the hinges, clamps and everything else. Information worth more than 2 cents! :D

Russell

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom