O ring size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The "little skinny" ring at the yoke attachment point is a 2-014.

The "little fat" ring on older tank valves yoke attachement points is a 2-111. (I think, notes are not here, may be a 110)

The large fat ring at the tank/valve junction is a 2-214

If there is a stem o-ring internally (some valves use two teflon washers to seal the stem instead) the size is a 2-010.

USD valves and several other "specialty" manufactures like Dacor and SP had custom internal designs, so the internal seals can vary quite a bit. The 014,111, and 214 rings are US industry standard though

thanks FredT.
Since I havn't removed a valve from a tank, I wasn't aware that there was an O ring between the valve and the tank. You gave me the info I was looking for. I had a LDS do a visual on my tank and they changed out the Oring at the yoke connection and must have put in the skinny one instead of the fat one. It keeps falling out and when I hooked up my regs, it leaked.

Back
Top Bottom