O Ring Kit Use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CDH527

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey y’all, new member here, and new owner of a little set of basic o rings. Used to always diving with my dad as my buddy and he carried a set so I didn’t have to. Now that I’m moved out and diving “alone” more, I picked up my own little basic set. Question is, where the heck do I use them? What O rings are you “allowed” to replace yourself? I know tank valves but that’s it really. So why buy the set, where else can I use it? Thanks y’all.

Hey y’all, new member here, and new owner of a little set of basic o rings. Used to always diving with my dad as my buddy and he carried a set so I didn’t have to. Now that I’m moved out and diving “alone” more, I picked up my own little basic set. Question is, where the heck do I use them? What O rings are you “allowed” to replace yourself? I know tank valves but that’s it really. So why buy the set, where else can I use it? Thanks y’all.

That all depends how comfortable and competent you want to be with equipment maintenance.

Some common uses include: hp hoses, lp hoses, spg spools, bcd inflator and dive lights.

Here's my favorite read on the answer to your question:
O-rings for Divers

Enjoy,
Cameron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom