O ring grease & planes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard H

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone been prevented from taking grease in a tube in the hand luggage on a plane ?

Thanks

Never tried, just put it in your checked luggage and go, not likely anyone's going to take it. Why give security something to argue about.

As long as its less than 3 ounces it should be ok. Just put it in your clear bag.

Gee, never even thought about it. The last time we flew in November, the tube of o-ring lube was in the carry-on bag with the housing and camera. We always keep the o-ring in a small zip-lock bag along with the lube whenever the housing is not being used.

If it's a small tube (under 100ml), there should be no problem. But you can always check with de airline or at the airport.

As for myself, never had a problem with it.

With carry on space being premium, I only take my camera and lenses with me.
Everything else goes in a locked Pelican 1610 case, never had any problems.
Both mine and wife's diving equipment goes on another big Pelican we just call "The Frigobar", even our computers and regs. So she has another suitcase for her and I have another one for her shoes...
UWPhoto (housings, ports, strobes, arms, cables...) equipment is not fragile, it requires care, but it is not fragile. Something that protects your camera at 60m down cannot be fragile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom