O ring availability question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does Oceanic sell transmitter and computer O rings separately from the battery kits, or alternatively, provide the size and durometer rating of the O rings?

Being a manufacture I doubt the will sell one or two o-ring you will have to buy in bulk, and if the do sell in small quanties you are going to get charge a lot for that o-ring.

Maybe. I don't know that they manufacture the O rings, though. I would think they use a standard size and rating available from a supplier or perhaps have them made to their specs.

I sort of doubt they would make them available, but no harm in trying....

From what I have seen, Oceanic is using standard 2- o-ring in all applications. If you can find part numbers for the o-rings you are interested in, the last 3 digits in the # should be the 3 digits of the 2-xxx sizing. Material and hardness is probably not overly critical. Duro 70 should be fine for all static applications. I'd suggest EPDM, although a little more expensive then nitrile, it has a longer shelf life since it may take you a while to use even a small supply.

One source for small quantities: O-Rings, Inc. Since 1958

McMaster Carr sells o-ring pretty cheap, most are 010 or 011 size. If I remember right 010 for LP connections and 011 for HP. but I am sure someone can verify that.

An LDS that services Oceanic gear should be able to supply you with Oceanic O-rings for your gear. I know the store I work for has a whole bin of rings dedicated to each manufacturer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom