O-MD E-M10 Viewfinder/Display not showing photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgttrey

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm posting for a friend currently at Socorro and with very limited ability to communicate. I can't help him myself because I shoot Sony and Canon and no nothing about Olympus. Hoping SB can come through with advice because Socorro is the last place you want your camera to go down.... He's on day 1 of the trip and hoping to get back up and running.

Note - I'm not confident of the model. He could have meant an O-MD E-M1. The fellow who emailed me, who is also on the trip is not an Olympus guy either. Sorry, for the lack of precision, but it is what it is.

Here is the issue, verbatim:

"He has an Olympus EM1OMD and it no longer displays the photo in live view or the viewfinder. It shows the settings, etc but no visual of photo taking and it will not take a photo either.We have tried the reset in the camera but I suspect that only resets the options not the camera. I am sure there is a way to reset the camera but the instructions fo not detail that procedure."

Any thoughts on the cause or the fix?

Thanks all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom