NZ for holiday??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

masterlucas3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hey everyone, im thinking about booking a trip to nz for next year and i was wondering where are the good areas? Is diving more tech or rec ? any suggestions if im coming alone for about 10 days? and where would i fly into?

There is only one good place to dive in NZ.
The good news is it starts st the top and ends at the bottom.
There is plenty of tec or rec type diving to be done.
Most flights would be into Auckland but you could also fly into Wellington or Christchurch.

How many days of diving are you hoping to do?
What else did you want to do?
What time of the year?

thats good news, i would like to do some good tech wrecks, and then some nice easy rec stuff too like 4 days of diving, i was thinking november 09 so i can save some money and do it the right way ya know, well i would like to see the country too and get in some pub time

Then you must dive the Mikhail Lermontov wreck. Its not really deep at 37meters but she is big and about 25 years. November is said the best time of year to dive her.
We are doing a trip there this year.
Northland Dive is a back packer style dive stay that has 3 dive boats and offers great tech or rec style diving and they also have the Canterbury wreck on their door step. Its not a "real wreck" but its a great dve and they are a great operation.
While here you may as well check out the Poor Knights

Also you may want to check out SODS.co.nz. NZ's best small dive club. We could organise a dive while you are over!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom