NZ casual Dive Buddy needed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paultaylor

Reaction score
Are there any NZ divers who would like to go for some beach dives around Auckland and surrounding areas? Looking to save a bit of money by using own gear/transport and hiring tanks...

Any interest? Drop me a message :wink:

There is also Mathesons Bay, although if you are after bugs the area has been cleaned out(Although everyone has stories about "The Ledge" that is loaded with Packhorse Crays, but no one can ever remember how to find it).

If you can get hold of a canoe or dingy then have a crack at Daniels reef (Can be swum to but is a little far) or the Outpost. They are not too bad for shore dives.

I tried a few shore dives around east Coast Bays (Where i used to live) a few times but they were pretty average. Well Ok average is being kind.

The west Coast is some pretty wild diving. You catch a rip to get out and body surf back in but you have to be pretty squared away to go to that hassle.

If you are still in need of a dive buddy let me know, I have a friend in AKL who is always keen on Shore Diving as she gets sea sick at the drop of a hat.

I dive most weekends, Leigh to Whangarei, know of a few shore dives, depends if your
after bugs or just a sightseer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom