Nudi ID challenge:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am going through old photos and have decided to create a display of all the nudis we see on our dives. Unfortunately, I can't identify some of these guys! My best book was stolen and I am waiting for a replacement copy to arrive, but want to get this project mostly finished by the weekend.

I appreciate any and all help!! There are a few and I'll be adding more I am sure!

All are taken at the Ningaloo Reef area...

The first and last ones I think are colour variations of the same type of nudi...two different locations, two different days...

I know, I know!

It's YOUR MOM NUDI!

Sorry. I've been wanting to do that so long in one of these Nudi ID threads :wink:

alcina:
I am going through old photos and have decided to create a display of all the nudis we see on our dives. Unfortunately, I can't identify some of these guys!

Send your photos to Neville Coleman at worldofwater@nevillecoleman.com.au - he'd be glad to help.

Ok, I had a quick look in my copy of Neville Coleman’s “1001 Nudibranchs”; referring to your thumbmails, from left to right:

First one is a Coleman's Ceratosoma - undescribed Ceratosoma sp. (AMPI 244), Coleman p.66

Second from left is definitely a Red-spotted Aphelodoris - undescribed Aphelodoris sp., Coleman pp.54–55

I think the third from left is a Chromodoris kuiteri

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom