NTSB CONCEPTION HEARING - THIS TUESDAY @ 10AM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
The National Transportation Safety Board will convene Tuesday at 10AM Pacific time (1PM Eastern) to hear the staff findings and recommendations on the fire aboard the Conception that killed 34 people on September 2 last year. This will mark the conclusion of their investigation and the public is invited to observe through the NTSB website. This will probably last 3-4 hours as it involves the various sub-groups of investigators (operations, engineering, fire, survivability, etc.) presenting the findings within their specialty. The five-member Board will then vote to accept, reject, or modify the recommendations of the staff. The Board is based in Washington, D.C., so these hearings normally start at 9:30AM Eastern, which is 6:30AM Pacific. Since they know there will be a large West Coast-based level of interest, they agreed to start later so that more west coasters can more easily tune in. This is the direct link: http://ntsb.windrosemedia.com/.

(Edited to clarify times.)

The National Transportation Safety Board will convene Tuesday at 10AM Pacific time (1PM Eastern) to hear the staff findings and recommendations on the fire aboard the Conception that killed 34 people on September 2 last year. This will mark the conclusion of their investigation and the public is invited to observe through the NTSB website. This will probably last 3-4 hours as it involves the various sub-groups of investigators (operations, engineering, fire, survivability, etc.) presenting the findings within their specialty. The five-member Board will then vote to accept, reject, or modify the recommendations of the staff. The Board is based in Washington, D.C., so these hearings normally start at 9:30AM Eastern, which is 6:30AM Pacific. Since they know there will be a large West Coast-based level of interest, they agreed to start later so that more west coasters can more easily tune in. This is the direct link: http://ntsb.windrosemedia.com/.

(Edited to clarify the times.)

Just to be clear for others, because I was confused. That's 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern. All the talk of Eastern times in your post and I was thinking it was Eastern. Yeah, I DID think to myself "They only gave 'em an extra half hour? That's pretty crappy." Well.. no, it's a 3.5 hour difference :wink:

The National Transportation Safety Board will convene Tuesday to hear the staff findings and recommendations on the fire aboard the Conception that killed 34 people on September 2 last year. This will mark the conclusion of their investigation and the public is invited to observe through the NTSB website. This will probably last 3-4 hours as it involves the various sub-groups of investigators (operations, engineering, fire, survivability, etc.) presenting the findings within their specialty. The five-member Board will then vote to accept, reject, or modify the recommendations of the staff. The Board is based in Washington, D.C., so these hearings normally start at 9:30AM Eastern, which is 6:30AM Pacific. Since they know there will be a large West Coast-based level of interest, they agreed to start later so that more west coasters can more easily tune in. This is the direct link: http://ntsb.windrosemedia.com/.
Thanks Ken,
would you think it will be made available also after the fact or will it be only live streaming?

Cheers

Thanks Ken,
would you think it will be made available also after the fact or will it be only live streaming?

Cheers
I would expect it to be recorded, most (public) meetings have been lately with covid

The National Transportation Safety Board will convene Tuesday to hear the staff findings and recommendations on the fire aboard the Conception that killed 34 people on September 2 last year. This will mark the conclusion of their investigation and the public is invited to observe through the NTSB website. This will probably last 3-4 hours as it involves the various sub-groups of investigators (operations, engineering, fire, survivability, etc.) presenting the findings within their specialty. The five-member Board will then vote to accept, reject, or modify the recommendations of the staff. The Board is based in Washington, D.C., so these hearings normally start at 9:30AM Eastern, which is 6:30AM Pacific. Since they know there will be a large West Coast-based level of interest, they agreed to start later so that more west coasters can more easily tune in. This is the direct link: http://ntsb.windrosemedia.com/.
More information is here. The actual clickable link will be posted at the link in the quoted msg just prior to the opening of the event.

Yes, given the sheer volume of speculation I've read here, I will be very, very interested to see what the experts were able to conclude, even with the difficulty of much of the boat having burned and no survivors from the lower deck as witnesses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom