NSS/CDS International Cave Diving Conference May 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michael-fisch

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
With coronavirus, will the conference still be taking place in the Lake City National Guard Armory with the Friday social at the American Legion Post May 20-22?

Michael

Being 2 months away, I hope it works out. Looks like a nice agenda, sponsors, prizes, etc., so far - lot of good work and planning.

Hey, I am not in the planning loop this year. Brett Floren and Adam Hughes are Co-Charing this year's conference.

Lets keep our fingers crossed then. Since I'll be living less than a mile away, I'd really like to attend. The last conference I was at, was the one where Sheck's dive gear was auctioned.

Michael

Donning my NSS-CDS board member hat...

There's a board meeting scheduled for March 29th. One of the topics of discussion will be the workshop and whether or not to postpone it for a later date. The details for the board meeting are posted at:

SPECIAL BOD Meeting Due to COVID-19 - March 29, 2020 @ 5:00 PM - NSS CDS

Ken

Lets keep our fingers crossed then. Since I'll be living less than a mile away, I'd really like to attend. The last conference I was at, was the one where Sheck's dive gear was auctioned.

Michael
I remember that one. I remember looking a lot of that gear and thinking he made world record dives with junk.

Donning my NSS-CDS board member hat...

There's a board meeting scheduled for March 29th. One of the topics of discussion will be the workshop and whether or not to postpone it for a later date. The details for the board meeting are posted at:

SPECIAL BOD Meeting Due to COVID-19 - March 29, 2020 @ 5:00 PM - NSS CDS

Ken
With the brand-new CDC recommendation to avoid gatherings of more than 50 people, for two months, seems like the conference MUST be postponed.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom