NSS/CDS COMMITTEE VOLUNTEERS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellmoundal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My name is Al Clements and I am on the BOD of the NSS/CDS. My position this year is Committee and Volunteers Director. I have met so many of you at DEMA, TekDiveUSA, International Cave Divers Conferences, Winter Workshops, and numerous spring events and dive sites. The number one statement I hear and am asked is "How can I get Involved?" With my new position I want you to ask me that now. There are so many committees that need you to step up and volunteer. Being on a committee will give you insight as to what it is like and what it takes to be a Board Member of the CDS. It doesn't matter how long you have been a cave diver or how long you have been a member of the CDS. What does matter is that you are giving your time and talents to the CDS and being a willing participant to work. If you have the desire to be known as a volunteer and have the opportunity to learn, please contact me at committee_manager@nsscds.org. I will be more than happy to discuss your desires and talents which will always be of help to the CDS.

OK Al, what's your biggest need? Your second? Your third? Is there a list we can peruse? Please post a list or a link to one.

Everyone else: Al's the real deal. If he says he needs your help, he really needs it. On top of that, he's not a BSer. His word is gold and he won't politic you. You can expect him to give you the room you need to accomplish your task and yet he'll be glad to jump in and work beside you if needed. He's one of the last real gentlemen left in this world and working with him is always, always a pleasure.

So give a damn and lend a hand. The NSS-CDS needs you. It's your time to give a little back to the organization that has given you so much.

This will be a fun and exciting year for the Cave Diving Section of the NSS. Even if you are not a cave diver we can find a place for you on a committee. To be a volunteer it teaches you to follow instructions and add your thoughts and opinions to the group.

Back
Top Bottom