November: typhoon season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi!
I am planning a trip to Cebu in November, most likely diving in Alona/Southern Leyte etc.
Is November still typhoon season?
Yours, Liberty

not to be a wet blanket but we had unseasonally late typhoons up to december last year. my flight to bohol was cancelled because of a typhooneone weekened in december and when we finally got to bohol the following week, we got stranded because of another typhoon.

there was a drought around June/July this year which is normally the start of the typhoon season. The typhoons came in late, around August, so I'm not sure if this translates to an extended typhoon season as well.

Liberty01:
Hi!
I am planning a trip to Cebu in November, most likely diving in Alona/Southern Leyte etc.
Is November still typhoon season?
Yours, Liberty

Some people consider it typhoon season thru December because of the off chance of the odd storm. It also doesn't take a full on typhoon to throw off the transportation system. So far I've been lucky. I did go to S. Leyte last year at in November and didn't have problems although the inclement weather fit around my travel days quite nicely. I have had to take a bus from Dumeguette to Cebu City because they shut down ferries due to typhoon weather.

I'm planning on a trip this year November for Malapascua and Cabilao Islands. Good luck and plan for alternate timelines or locations just in case.

In 2005 my wife and I went to the Philippines in late Oct. it was raining all the time, until the last week of Oct. Then it's like someone turned of the water and was sunny most of the time with only a few showers.
Nov shouldn't be a problem for you, but there is always a remote chance!
Be sure to write about your trip. My wife and I are going back next Feb., and may run down to Bohol. We'll be in Cebu for a week, Feb 9-16.

I have had to take a bus from Dumeguette to Cebu City because they shut down ferries due to typhoon weather.

WOW! thats quit a trick! Dumagete is on Negros Is. and Cebu is a nearby Is. I don't know of any bus service connecting Islands. The engines tend to flood.

h2odragon1:
I have had to take a bus from Dumeguette to Cebu City because they shut down ferries due to typhoon weather.

WOW! thats quit a trick! Dumagete is on Negros Is. and Cebu is a nearby Is. I don't know of any bus service connecting Islands. The engines tend to flood.

Ha, ha, just a short ferry trip between islands and you don't even have to get off the bus. Usually not affected by weather.

With the way the weather's acting right now, nobody really knows. We're supposed to be in the middle of rainy/windy (Habagat) season but other than the occassional rainshowers it's blue skies, calm seas, and great diving here in Dumaguete.

Back
Top Bottom