November dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KimM

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to ScuaBoard and found the site while researching a dive trip for November. I have an oppurtunity to do the southern bahamas Nekton trip, but I am also interested in Manta Bay resort in Belize, Plaza resort in Bonaire and any good all-inclusive in Cozumel. My husband and I are looking for a relaxing vacation, with the opportunity for several dives. We were certified in New England last year and have about 50 dives under our belt after a trip to Grand Cayman last summer. We love beautiful coral and marine life. It would be nice not to have to worry about food (thus the all inclusive). Can anyone suggest one over the other?

Hey Kim,

I really can't give you a comparison as I have only been to Cozumel out of the sites you mention. But I can tell you about my experience at Cozumel and it was a great one. I stayed at the Occidental Grand Hotel an all inclusive upper-end hotel. I have been to better, but I have no complaints about the place at all. The food was good and the rooms were nice and well appointed. A couple of pools and a nightclub. I was really there for the diving though... I dove with "Dive With Martin" for 5 days, they picked me up at the beach in front of the hotel each morning and took me on two or three wonderful stress free dives each day. They were very professional and just a blast to dive with. We went deep on some days and not so deep on others. I went into deco one day, but if I had kept a better eye on my computer than the turtle I was following, no deco would have been needed. I have been to other places around the world and when it comes to just pure relaxing diving Cozumel has been my best experience. I need to try more though.... You could always come out to BC for a little cold water dip. Can't guarantee the same stress free dives, but the payoff is huge!!

Good luck and have fun.

Jimi
KimM:
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to ScuaBoard and found the site while researching a dive trip for November. I have an oppurtunity to do the southern bahamas Nekton trip, but I am also interested in Manta Bay resort in Belize, Plaza resort in Bonaire and any good all-inclusive in Cozumel. My husband and I are looking for a relaxing vacation, with the opportunity for several dives. We were certified in New England last year and have about 50 dives under our belt after a trip to Grand Cayman last summer. We love beautiful coral and marine life. It would be nice not to have to worry about food (thus the all inclusive). Can anyone suggest one over the other?

Too many choices, that's always my problem too. There all good choices but for different reasons. So you should do all 4 and then tell us which was best! So just my quick two cents (worth about that much.)

If the all-inclusive is the goal, Dive Paradise/Hotel Cozumel was a great package, through Caradonna. $799/pp for 14 dives and 7 nights all food and drink. Just gotta buy airfare. Diving is 8+.

Belize was marginal diving, stayed at Ramon's on Ambergris. Hotel was fine, but I'd rate diving a 5. Turneffe would be better, exclusive and all inclusive, but would be costlier.

Bonaire is good no matter where you go, and I'm sure you can get some good all-inclusive there too. Diving is 9+.

Nekton liveaboard is a big boat, a lot of dives but also a lot of divers. But I haven't been, it's based on comments from a guy who worked aboard for a year. If I were going liveaboard I'd pick something more personal, like Paradise Charters out of Lauderdale to Bimini or the dolphin grounds north of Grand Bahama, or any Aggressor.

Let us know what you decide to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom